I’m feeling pretty accomplished this week. Probably wont be able to keep that up but for now it’s good 🙂
Here is an actual finished project. I had been given a huge stack of decorator fabric samples because I sew/quilt. But what to do with them? They’re all different weights and fiber contents. I was about to donate them to Value Village in the hopes that someone would be able to do something with them when I had a brillient idea. A curtain for our kitchen! We usually just have a valance up there but in the summer is gets so hot in our west facing apartment with the sun beating in all evening. The bedsheet I had pinned up there last year is apparently gone. And something had to be done. This was perfect.
Here’s a daylight shot. Pretty funky. But great – lets in some light without raising the temperature too much. I liked the samples because a bunch of them were edged so I didn’t have to do any hemming. Hey, any work I can save myself is the way to go 😉 My plan for leaving space for the air conditioner almost worked – we just use a large clip and hook it up on the window latch when we run it. And they weren’t all square so that made some challenges lining edges up. But no one will be examining my curtains that closely. I think it looks pretty good.
I’ve also managed to finish the patchwork for the baby sleep sack. Of course, then the book was due back to the library and since I had already renewed it three times I returned it. The fact that I hadn’t gotten to it yet and that we wont be able to put this poor babe into in until fall and cooler temperatures anyway made it the best plan. I’ll just check it out again when I find a little more time. As if that will be anytime soon. 🙂
As for reading (and some adorableness in the way of baby knits) I posted those yesterday.
Now I’m off to link up with Elizabeth’s needle ‘n’ thREAD and the Stash Bash at Crunchy Catholic Momma. And check out all the eye candy there 😉